Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the customary tipping for nails or massage services?

Usually I would *think* maybe 5-10$ range, depending on the outcome and how you were treated.What is the customary tipping for nails or massage services?
I work in a Tanning and Day Spa, and I have actually discussed this topic with our nail techs, massage therapist, and our esthetician many times. For nail services I would tip between 5 and 10 dollars PER SERVICE depending on the extent of the work done. for example, if I have a basic manicure, 5 is plenty but If I get a full set of acrylic nails with extra designs, a tip of $10 or above is in order. As for massages. For a Swedish massage, it is $10 for 30 minutes or $20 for 60 minutes. I know it seems pricey, but they are doing a lot of physical work during that hour and they depend on their tips as part of their income.What is the customary tipping for nails or massage services?
I generally receive $10-$20 for an hour massage, and $5-$10 for a 30 min. This should definately be based on how the service was.
15%-20%

No comments:

Post a Comment