Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do i clip my dogs nails? Do i need to?

My dog yelps when i try to cut his nails.. I do know how to cut nails as i use to cut my old dogs nails and my mums cat.


I get really upset when my Scotty puppy (4months) wiggles and yelps when i do it.


Do i have to cut the nails or will they wear down by themselves?How do i clip my dogs nails? Do i need to?
mine is a little wiggle too, i take her for a long walk and then play with her outside then i wait until she is asleep and kinda sneak up on her and just trim away it has worked every time just watch for the vein.


the only way they wear down on their own a little bit is by taking lots of walks on concrete or cementHow do i clip my dogs nails? Do i need to?
You should cut them when they are getting too long, but dont cut them close, or else you will hurt your dog. All dogs, i think, don't like having their nails clipped so you have to hold his paw firm when you're doing it.
Next time you take him to the vet ask him to do it.
If you cannot do it, try taking him to the vet. That is what we do with Skeeter because he gets unruly.





Or else, you will need the help of someone else. Have someone hold the puppy still, while another person does the cutting.
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment