Saturday, August 21, 2010

How do I quit bitting my nails?

I cant seem to quit bitting my nails!! I'm really bothered by how ugly they look. I literally have no nail bed anymore. I'm 23 years old and I have been bitting them since I was two years old!! HELP PLEASE!!How do I quit bitting my nails?
Have you tried keeping them constanly polished? I stopped biting my nails by using nail polish. I don't want to ruin my nails when they're polished. As soon as the polish chips, I repaint right over the old color. I've been doing this for 10 years and my nails are now long and healthy. But, if I go even a day without polish, I start biting again. So, I just always keep them polished.How do I quit bitting my nails?
u have to want to quit biting them! after that pick up something to occupy ur hands...stress ball, etc and wear thin gloves, and chew lots of gum
try biting a piece of biscuit instead of ur nails wen the thoughts came. your nails sure doesnt taste as nice as a biscuit. hehe.


habit can be natured and can be quit, all it does matter is ur will power to overcome it.
Put something nasty-tasting on them
Try taking gum everywhere you go so you can chew that instead. Or you can put tape on your fingers when your at home.
there are a few different steps you can take.....first thing is to go down to some department store (like walmart or kmart) and get a vitamin called BIOTIN....it will help skin, hair and nails......then you need to buy this stuff (not sure of the name) but it is a fingernail polish that tastes really nasty and will help you want to keep your fingers out of your mouth....then you need to ask your friends to help you by everytime they see you with your fingers in your mouth to smack your hand away......a combination of all these things will help you more than you will imagine!!!!!
put paint on them or something gross, then you will stop. you can also cut them, that way you have nothing to chew on.
You may need to deal with this issue psychologically and physically. First, you need to find out what it is that bothers you or worries you which prompts you to do this (You may want to see a psychologist). Second, try chewing gum and putting on fake nails, or even light gloves for a while to make it more difficult for you to bite on your nails. 3rd, try to pick up a good hobby which you can use your hands to keep them occupied (i.e. drawing, needle work, knitting, etc..).


I hope this helps you.
just dont do it anymore.





And its biting, not bitting.
Start smoking hehehe No just kidding. Put Vanilla Extract on them. It smells great but tastes nasty.
If you could put the bacteria from your fingernails under a microscope and see them squirming around, you would never put your fingers in your mouth again. Focus on letting your nails grow so they can be pretty every time you get the urge to bite them. I wish you luck.
generally people find themselves doing this at high stress times ....


offer yourself some stops - have nails done - yourself or professionally(regardless of length) - who would want to mess up a great manicure treatment.....


also apply lotions or something with bitter taste to outer edge of nails until habit is stopped - one too many sour expressions will encourage you to forget it!
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment