Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do i stop bitting my nails as my 3 yr old daughter is copying me!?

i have bitten my nails for years and i cant seem to stop! help!!! my daughter is doing the same as me and i`ve tryed everything to stop myself and my daughter!How do i stop bitting my nails as my 3 yr old daughter is copying me!?
If its really hard for you to stop biting, you can always put aloe on your nails. It has a stong bitter taste that will definately make you stop, and it's a good nail strengther.





As soon as she sees that mommy isn't doing it anymore she won't. Explain to her that mommy is trying to stop and that she must help you to be good. She will enjoy that!!





I think that it's important the children also learn that their parents aren't perfect and they also don't have to be perfect. We are all just trying to do the best that we can and we have to learn from our mistakes.How do i stop bitting my nails as my 3 yr old daughter is copying me!?
May seem like a dumb answer, but as already posted ... simply do not put your fingers in your mouth. As soon as you feel yourself doing it, imagine seeing you from your daughters eyes ... and stop.
My husband was a chronic nail biter, too. His trick was to ALWAYS have nail clippers with him. That way if there was the least little temptation to bite (any tiny hangnail), he would clip rather than bite. Worth a try.
soak them in castor oil
don't wash your hands after wiping your bum next time you have a poo
You could use the gross-tasting nail stuff, but if you want to try something less drastic, treat yourself to a fancy manicure. Not fake nails, just polish. Every time you start to bite your nails, think about how pretty they look and how you don't want to ruin them.
Just stop. It is not adictive.
My husband had a bad problem with biting his nails especially when he was stressed. Then one day a gay friend of his made a suggestion to him. get some embary boards. When you notice that your starting to bite your nails use them to file down your nails. For him it worked wonders. We noticed too that our 7 year old son was starting to cooy him with chewing on his nails too so we gave him and embray board. My son is now 9 and still doesnt bite his nails. We go through alot of embray boards in this house, but its alot better then chewing on your nails..lol





Good luck
U can buy nail varnish to put on then that tastes horrible when you put your nail in your mouth. I got this from avon but it was years ago. I dont no wheather they eill still do it, cuz I'v not looked at a book for donkys.
My sister coated her nails in habeniro sauce every morning,,


lol it worked for her,,





Also there is a polish like stuff you can buy at like walmarts, that taste, HORRIBLE, that u put on


g'luck
quite simple after you have finished biting your nails , put your hands in your pocket .


That way your three year old wont be able to bite your nails will she?
I used to bite my nails. I just had to make myself stop everytime I put my fingers by my mouth. Eventually my nails grew out a little and having my nail bitten off actually irritated the skin right under where the nail grows out. I just don't bit them anymore. I wanna say I stopped around 19 years old.
Use nail bite, its this nasty tasting liquid you put on your fingers, but unforrtunately it does also tend to get into food, but at least your daughter will be picking up a healthier habit! Good luck.
Don't put your fingers in your mouth. That should help.
I used to bite my nails and I stopped quite a few years ago when I noticed my kids started doing it too. I used to keep a nail file with me all the time. I had one in the car, one in the purse, one in every room of the house. If I had the urge to bite then I would use the nail file instead. I have found that if I keep my nails in good shape and rounded then I don't have the urge to bite them. It's when they have a little edge on them that annoys me I feel the need to bite them until they are even. That's why the nail file helps.





good luck I know it is really hard to stop but if I can do it, anyone can!
you have to show pure willpower and she will copy you.


make a big thing of having mini manicures at home, sparkly nail varnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment