Friday, November 25, 2011

How can I really stop biting my nails?? I can never let them grow!?

Make sure you are holding onto something at all times, such as a book or a tiny ball. To avoid biting your nails in your sleep, wear protective gloves. Or, there is one other option. Ask about a bad tasting polish that you can coat your nails with in your local drugstore.How can I really stop biting my nails?? I can never let them grow!?
That is a huge problem. Don't worry i went through the same thing. What you do is you put something really nasty tasteing on your nails. Something you would NEVER EVER LIKE TO TASTE. Like maybe pickle juice or hot sauce. Then you let it dry on your nails. Whenever you go to bite you will taste that gross taste and stop biting. Soon you won't need the hot sauce or pickle juice. You will naturally stop biting. It worked for me so I hope it works for you too. Hope this helps.How can I really stop biting my nails?? I can never let them grow!?
You could try putting a dark colored nail polish on them. That way when you bite them you get pieces of nail polish in your mouth and maybe seeing your nail polish all chipped will help motivate you to not bite them.
The best thing I found is to just cover them in something really nasty tasting (that is not poison) and then it will taste so bad, you won't want to bite them
think about all those ppl who have nice long nails.also,my e-mail is hotmodel17@yahoo.com if u have any other questions 2 ask.
you can chew gum or there is this nailpolish called stop the bite that has a bad taste. you can get it at walmart.
I don't remember the name of the stuff, but there is a nail polish that you can use that taste awful. It stopped me. My brother painted mine when we were kids and i still have not forgiven him. trust me its that bad. so you never want to bite your nails again. I would bite them till they bleed.
first of all, think of a REALLY good reason that matters alot to you why you want to change this habit. then , think of a punishment for yourself, like the next time i find myself biting my nail i will ask out the guy i had a crush on in 6th grade. see what i mean? then ,when you DO catch yourself, FOLLOW UP with your punishment! believe me, it sounds cheesy but it works!


also, you could paint your nails with a nasty-tasting nail polish and see if that doesnt stop you:)
Try this product- it really works --%26gt; http://www.stopbitingnails.com/





when i was young, my mother used to paint my nails and i wouldn't bite them in fear of messing up the pretty nails.


you could also try to stop biting your nails with your friends. My friend, SF, once joined up with another friend, HD, and they would play a game where they would BEEP everytime the other friend would bite her nails. the BEEPS got so annoying that they learned to stop..
Get nails put on then you can't bite them. I have the same problem until I got nails (acrylic).
wear finger nail polish, because you probaly don't want to eat finger nail polish
Tips to stop biting your nails....





-coat your nails with a special bad-tasting polish





-hold onto a small object (a ball, a stone etc.) to keep hands busy and out of your mouth





-set up a reward system. use a ';calendar'; to keep track of how many days you go without giving in to your habit. give yourself a treat if you meet your goal.





-if it fails, talk to a doctor or a dentist for ideas. but don't give up!
i have that same habbit
My girlfriend and I are both professionals and were kind of disgusted at our nail biting habit, so we picked one finger a week that we were never going to bite again and solemnly swore it would thereafter be left alone, until we were down to just one, and then we gave it up too. On a more practical note, carry around a nail file at all times - in your purse, bookbag, car, and anything else that is easy access. The first fingernail to go is always the one with the little tear at the corner and pretty soon they're all gone. If you file away the little tear before you bite it, it won't bug you into submission. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment