Saturday, July 31, 2010

How do I STOP biting my nails?

I swear I have tried everything!!!! Any NEW or Original I deas?





I just can't stop!How do I STOP biting my nails?
I did this, and the only way to stop is to just stop. If you feel the urge, gently massage the nail but don't bite it. The massaging stimulates the same nerves that you satisfy with biting. Eventually you will kick this habit.How do I STOP biting my nails?
Get a manicure. Every time you think about biting your nails, remind yourself that it will ruin your beautiful nails. Also, you can try spraying some perfume. It will taste horrible, and not really encourage you to bite your nails anymore. You really just have to use some self control. Trust me, I know it is hard, but just don't bite them.
Have you tried apple bitters? That's what moms used to put on our hands when we did it. I only stopped biting mine after I got braces (LOL). :) Maybe if you chewed gum or chomped on some breathmints it could take that oral craving away? I'd still go for the apple bitters, because it'll burn your lips and tongue, making you NOT want to bite. :F
I have the same problem, it is an oral fixation. Try chewing on toothpicks or such. Worked for me, for a while, but then I went back to nail biting. Hard Candies help, anything for oral stimulation.
Go to the store and buy this nail polish that tastes horrible. Then put that on your nails everyday. It will keep you from biting them because it tastes disgusting.
every time you think of biting your nails, just pinch yourself. just an idea
get a set of nails done then ur nails can grow under u might bite the acrylic but it taste nasty.
GET BRACES! Hahaaa i have braces %26amp; i cant bite my nailsD: Lol
wear socks on ur hands

No comments:

Post a Comment